(a) The following persons are guilty of a misdemeanor:
(1) Any person who violates Section 27632, 27638, 27639, 27640, or 27672.
(2) Any person who commits a second or subsequent violation of this chapter, or any regulation adopted pursuant to this chapter, that is the same as a prior violation.
(3) Any person whose intentional violation of this chapter, or regulations adopted pursuant to this chapter, resulted, or reasonably could have resulted, in the creation of a hazard to human health or the environment, or in the disruption of the marketing of eggs.
(b) Any person guilty of a misdemeanor as provided in this section is punishable as follows:
(1) In any case of willful or intentional violation, by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed six months, or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both.
(2) In any case which does not involve willful or intentional violation, by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000).
Any prosecution for a violation of this chapter or any regulation adopted pursuant to this chapter may be instituted in any county where any part of the offense occurred. Any evidence which is taken by any enforcement officer in any county may be admitted in evidence in any prosecution in any other county.