CA Fin Code Section 5850


An association may dissolve pursuant to the General Corporation Law (Division 1 (commencing with Section 100) of Title 1 of the Corporations Code).


In the case of a mutual association, the required vote of members to elect voluntarily to wind up and dissolve shall be by members representing 50 percent or more of the voting power required to elect directors of the association.


No certificate of election to dissolve or certificate of dissolution of an association shall be filed with the Secretary of State unless there is attached thereto the certificate of the commissioner approving the same.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 5850’s source at ca​.gov