CA Fin Code Section 4861

Promptly after a sale becomes effective:


The seller shall:


Surrender to the commissioner for cancellation the certificates of authority or licenses issued to it by the commissioner.


File with the commissioner any report regarding the sale that the commissioner may require.


In case the seller is a California state depository corporation, the seller shall wind up and dissolve. However, if the seller is a California state bank, the seller may, in the alternative and with the approval of the commissioner, change into a nonbank corporation by amending its articles and changing its name.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 4861’s source at ca​.gov