CA Fin Code Section 14853

A credit union may issue shares or certificates for funds to a minor of any age or maintain any other account authorized for credit union members for a minor, and receive payments thereon by or for the minor. The minor is entitled to withdraw, transfer, or pledge any shares or certificates or other moneys owned by him or her and to receive from the credit union all dividends, interest, or other money due thereon in the same manner and subject to the same conditions as an adult. The receipt or acquittance of a minor constitutes a valid release and discharge of the credit union for the payment of dividends, interest, or other money due to the minor.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 14853’s source at ca​.gov