CA Fam Code Section 7122


The court shall sustain the petition if it finds that the minor is a person described by Section 7120 and that emancipation would not be contrary to the minor’s best interest.


If the petition is sustained, the court shall forthwith issue a declaration of emancipation, which shall be filed by the clerk of the court.


A declaration is conclusive evidence that the minor is emancipated.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 7122’s source at ca​.gov