CA Fam Code Section 5700.304


Upon the filing of a petition authorized by this part, an initiating tribunal of this state shall forward the petition and its accompanying documents:


to the responding tribunal or appropriate support enforcement agency in the responding state; or


if the identity of the responding tribunal is unknown, to the state information agency of the responding state with a request that they be forwarded to the appropriate tribunal and that receipt be acknowledged.


If requested by the responding tribunal, a tribunal of this state shall issue a certificate or other document and make findings required by the law of the responding state. If the responding tribunal is in a foreign country, upon request the tribunal of this state shall specify the amount of support sought, convert that amount into the equivalent amount in the foreign currency under applicable official or market exchange rate as publicly reported, and provide any other documents necessary to satisfy the requirements of the responding foreign tribunal.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 5700.304’s source at ca​.gov