(a) An institution shall annually report to the bureau, as part of the annual report, and shall publish in its School Performance Fact Sheet, all of the following:
(1) The job placement rate, calculated by dividing the number of graduates employed in the field by the number of graduates available for employment for each program that is either (1) designed, or advertised, to lead to a particular career, or (2) advertised or promoted with any claim regarding job placement.
(2) The license examination passage rates for the immediately preceding two years for programs leading to employment for which passage of a state licensing examination is required,
calculated by dividing the number of graduates who pass the examination by the number of graduates who take the licensing examination the first time that the examination is available after completion of the educational program. The institution shall use state agency licensing data to calculate license examination passage rates. If those data are unavailable, the institution shall calculate the license examination passage rate in a manner consistent with regulations adopted by the bureau.
(3) Salary and wage information, consisting of the total number of graduates employed in the field and the annual wages or salaries of those graduates stated in increments of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(4) If applicable, the most recent official three-year cohort default rate reported by the United States Department of Education for the institution and the percentage of enrolled students
receiving federal student loans.
(b) Nothing in this section shall limit the bureau’s authority to collect information from an institution to comply with this section and ensure, by regulation and other lawful means, that the information required by this section, and the manner in which it is collected and reported, is all of the following:
(2) Useful to policymakers.
(3) Based upon the most credible and verifiable data available.
(4) Does not impose undue compliance burdens on an institution.
(c) Data and information disclosed pursuant to paragraphs (1) to (3), inclusive, of subdivision (a) is not
required to include students who satisfy the qualifications specified in subdivision (d) of Section 94909, but an institution shall disclose on its fact sheet and to the bureau whether its data, information, or both, excludes any students pursuant to this subdivision.