CA Educ Code Section 8762

The governing board of any school district may:


Conduct courses in forestry, and for that purpose employ instructors and supervisors of classes, and acquire necessary equipment.


Acquire forest lands outside the boundary of the district by lease for a period not exceeding five years, or purchase or sell forest lands in the same manner as lands within the boundary of the district are purchased or sold.


Afforest and reforest, and plant trees, shrubs, and vines on the lands; or upon any public lands which may be placed at its disposal, and enter into contracts and agreements with the government of the United States, the state, or any political subdivision thereof for that purpose.


Transport pupils, instructors, or supervisors of classes to or from classes or places where the work is being done, whether within or without the district, in the same manner and subject to the same limitations as in transporting pupils to and from school.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 8762’s source at ca​.gov