(a) (1)A qualifying institution electing to participate in the pilot alternative delivery system shall submit an application to the commission acknowledging that the qualifying institution satisfies the requirements for the pilot alternative delivery system and will maintain compliance with those requirements as long as it continues to award Cal Grant awards.
(2) The commission shall review, and may approve, the application if the commission determines that the institution complies with all applicable requirements.
(3) A qualifying institution may not award Cal Grants until the commission has approved its
(4) The Regents of the University of California, the Board of Trustees of the California State University, and the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges shall select qualifying campuses from within their respective segments to apply for participation in the pilot program. For each segment, not more than 25 percent of the total number of campuses within the respective segment may participate in the pilot program.
(b) In addition to complying with the regulations adopted for participation in the pilot program, a qualifying institution electing to participate in the pilot alternative delivery system shall do all of the following:
(1) Make eligibility determinations consistent with the requirements of the Cal Grant Program and requirements adopted by the commission.
(2) Inform the student of his or her Cal Grant award before the student is required to make an enrollment decision for the following academic year. The award shall be made as part of the qualifying institution’s complete financial aid award so that the student is aware of all the student aid that the he or she is eligible to receive.
(3) Provide notice to the student that he or she may be eligible to use the Cal Grant award at another qualifying institution to which he or she is admitted.
(c) A qualifying institution electing to participate in the pilot alternative delivery system shall report all of the following to the commission in a form, and within the time, determined by the commission to maximize student access to Cal Grant awards:
necessary to determine Cal Grant funding projections for the State Budget.
(2) Aggregate information on applicants for Cal Grant awards and students who have been awarded Cal Grant awards, by income level, gender, age, and ethnicity.
(3) Aggregate information on students who have been awarded Cal Grant awards, but have withdrawn from their qualifying institutions.
(4) Aggregate information on students who have been awarded Cal Grant awards but for whom awards have not been disbursed.
(5) Information on the total amount of institutional aid available for students at the qualifying institution, the total number of recipients of institutional aid, the total amount of institutional aid provided to recipients of Cal Grant awards at the qualifying
institution, and the amount of institutional aid awarded to each student receiving a Cal Grant award.
(6) Information on the amount of other financial aid, including, but not necessarily limited to, fee waivers, federal loans, private loans, and work study awarded to each student receiving a Cal Grant award.
(7) Any other information determined by the commission to be necessary to fulfill its responsibilities under the Cal Grant Program.
(d) (1)A qualifying institution electing to participate in the pilot alternative delivery system shall function as a one-stop shop for student financial aid by providing assistance to all students, parents, and high school counselors inquiring or seeking information about Cal Grant awards and other student financial aid, including information about the
availability of, requirements for, and the amount of, Cal Grant awards that may be available at other qualifying institutions in all segments of postsecondary education. The qualifying institution may also provide comparable information on federal and other student financial aid.
(2) A qualifying institution that does not comply with this subdivision is not eligible to participate in the alternative delivery system pilot program.