CA Educ Code Section 23200


If a person, whose accumulated retirement contributions have been refunded, again becomes a member of the Defined Benefit Program or is subject to Section 23201, the person may request to redeposit all or a portion of those contributions with regular interest from the date of refund to the date of payment.


If a nonmember spouse, as defined in Section 22651, withdraws accumulated contributions in accordance with Section 22661, the member may redeposit all or a portion of those contributions pursuant to subdivision (a), providing he or she is not receiving an allowance under Chapter 26 (commencing with Section 24100) or Chapter 27 (commencing with Section 24201).


If a member requests to redeposit a portion of all accumulated retirement contributions that were previously refunded subject to requirements imposed by the board, the member shall receive pro rata service credit in proportion to the amount redeposited.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 23200’s source at ca​.gov