CA Civ Proc Code Section 708.750

If money is owing and unpaid to the judgment debtor by a public entity other than a state agency, the judgment creditor shall file the abstract or certified copy of the judgment and the affidavit with the auditor of the public entity or, if there is no auditor, with the official whose duty corresponds to that of auditor. To discharge the claim of the judgment debtor, the auditor or other official shall (1) deposit with the court by a warrant or check payable to the court, the amount due the judgment debtor (after deducting an amount sufficient to reimburse the public entity for any amounts advanced to the judgment debtor or owed by the judgment debtor to the public entity) required to satisfy the money judgment as shown by the affidavit in full or to the greatest extent and (2) pay the balance thereof, if any, to the judgment debtor.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 708.750’s source at ca​.gov