(a) A homestead declaration recorded pursuant to this article shall contain all of the following:
(1) The name of the declared homestead owner. A husband and wife both may be named as declared homestead owners in the same homestead declaration if each owns an interest in the dwelling selected as the declared homestead.
(2) A description of the declared homestead.
(3) A statement that the declared homestead is the principal dwelling of the declared homestead owner or such person’s spouse, and that the declared homestead owner or such person’s spouse resides in the declared homestead on the date the homestead declaration is recorded.
(b) The homestead declaration shall be executed and acknowledged in the manner of an acknowledgment of a conveyance of real property by at least one of the following persons:
(1) The declared homestead owner.
(2) The spouse of the declared homestead owner.
(3) The guardian or conservator of the person or estate of either of the persons listed in paragraph (1) or (2). The guardian or conservator may execute, acknowledge, and record a homestead declaration without the need to obtain court authorization.
(4) A person acting under a power of attorney or otherwise authorized to act on behalf of a person listed in paragraph (1) or (2).
(c) The homestead declaration shall include a statement that the facts stated in the homestead declaration are known to be true as of the personal knowledge of the person executing and acknowledging the homestead declaration. If the homestead declaration is executed and acknowledged by a person listed in paragraph (3) or (4) of subdivision (b), it shall also contain a statement that the person has authority to so act on behalf of the declared homestead owner or the spouse of the declared homestead owner and the source of the person’s authority.