CA Civ Proc Code Section 116.750


An appeal from a judgment in a small claims action is taken by filing a notice of appeal with the clerk of the small claims court.


A notice of appeal shall be filed not later than 30 days after the clerk has delivered or mailed notice of entry of the judgment to the parties. A notice of appeal filed after the 30-day period is ineffective for any purpose.


The time for filing a notice of appeal is not extended by the filing of a request to correct a mistake or by virtue of any subsequent proceedings on that request, except that a new period for filing notice of appeal shall begin on the delivery or mailing of notice of entry of any modified judgment.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 116.750’s source at ca​.gov