CA Bus & Prof Code Section 24045.6


The department may issue a special temporary on-sale or off-sale beer or wine license to any nonprofit corporation that is exempt from payment of income taxes under Section 23701d or 23701e of the Revenue and Taxation Code and Section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. An applicant for this license shall accompany the application with a fee of one hundred dollars ($100).


This special license shall only entitle the licensee to sell beer or wine bought by, or donated to, the licensee to a consumer and to any person holding a license authorizing the sale of beer or wine. Notwithstanding any other provision of this division, a licensee may donate or sell beer or wine to a nonprofit corporation that obtains a special temporary on-sale or off-sale license under this section, provided that the donation is not made in connection with a sale of an alcoholic beverage.


This special license shall be for a period not exceeding 15 days. In the event the license under this section is issued for a period exceeding two days, it shall be used solely for retail sales in conjunction with an identifiable fundraising event sponsored or conducted by the licensee and all bottles of beer or wine sold under this license shall bear a label prominently identifying the event. Only three special licenses authorized by this section shall be issued to any corporation in a calendar year.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 24045.6’s source at ca​.gov