CA Bus & Prof Code Section 24045.17

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the department may issue a general on-sale license to a person who does not operate a bona fide eating place or other public premises who meets all of the following:


Has operated a catering business for not less than five years.


Has operated or owned for not less than one year a bona fide eating place that had a general on-sale license.


Caters over 500 events annually.


Serves alcoholic beverages at no more than 25 percent of the events catered annually and has revenues from the sale of alcoholic beverages which do not constitute more than 25 percent of his or her total annual revenues.


Obtains an annual permit to serve alcoholic beverages at events and obtains an authorization for each event, as specified in Section 23399.
Last Updated

Aug. 19, 2023

§ 24045.17’s source at ca​.gov